Casting Services of Gravity / Permanent Mold Casting
Gravity / Permanent Mold Casting is comprised of mold cavities fastened into metal die blocks and designed for repetitive use. Presently, molds are generally made of cast iron or steel, although copper, graphite and aluminum have been utilized.
The gravity permanent mold is the flow of metal into a lasting mold. The two methods that are used includes: static filling, where metal is introduced into the top of the mold via downsprues similar to sand casting; and tilt pouring, where metal is filled into a basin whilst the mold is in horizontal location and runs into the cavity as the mold is steadily tilted to a vertical position. Generally, Gravity molding is perfect owing to its more accurate attribute than shell molding. This is preferred almost exclusively to shell molding for light alloy components.
- Gravity casting is lucrative
- Produces superior quality components
- Offers process control
- Is greatest for creating small scale parts
- Does not need a large machine to inject the metal
- Needs much less start up cost than die casting
- Lends itself to more material types.